If you have had a chronic condition for any amount of time, it is likely that all your body systems have been affected to one degree or another.
Not having much more than rudimentary diagnostic capabilities as we’re working on our own, we will work under the assumption that each system of the body is out of balance.
The value of such an approach, hitting the illness from multiple angles, will increase the probability of fixing the ’cause’ of the illness, as well as maximising the help to the body’s efforts to come back into balance.
The major systems of our body we will work on:
1. The mental aspect, by way of processes like meditation and relaxation exercises.
2. The bio-chemical system, by way of dietary adjustments, medication/herbs, and minimizing exposure to toxins and chemicals.
3. The musculo-skeletal system, by working on postural and structural dysfunction, trigger points and releasing muscular and fascial restrictions.
4. The energy system, if it fits your belief system. If it doesn’t, ignore this part. Everything you work on, will affect everything else. Working on your musculoskeletal dysfunction, will also directly affect your energy system. I’ll post more on this in the future.
5. The autonomic nervous system, which will be indirectly affected by the other processes.
What you will have noticed is that all we are doing is looking for any deviations from ‘normal’ and bringing them back into balance. What we are doing, in effect, is reducing stress on the body: biochemical stress, biomechanical stress, as well as trying to calm the stress response of the body, so that it can use its resources to heal us.
Work on each of these systems, and there’s very little you’ll miss, if anything at all.